Monday, May 9, 2022

The Nest of 5388 Amalfi Drive. Dad Says, "It's a Robin's Nest." I Have to Give These Birds Some Credit. They Went Fancy with Their CNY Apartment

I would not have guessed these were Robins that build a nest, only because I've not see one so fancy with longer strings and materials. I'm guessing the neighborhood must have been rich with product. I've seen some made with fluorescent hair weave before, but this one cracks me up. Very chic, indeed. Much fancier than last nights dinner. Hot dogs. Whomp whomp whomp. It's all I had time for....well, at pierogis. They were fantastic, however. 

I finished grading at noon, then immediately went on an errand run, which included getting groceries, followed by delivering books to teachers all over the state. Today I have the Teachers and Teaching celebration, and need to bake, finish the program, organize the presentation, get gifts for the keynote speaker, and wrap items for the teachers, cooperating teachers, and supervisors. I laughed when catering contacted us to say, "Um, we're afraid you won't have enough for that many people."

Please. We're teachers. For 11 straight years, we supplement for all the lack thrown our way for such celebrations. The money allotted us for the program was enough for lemon water and a few cocktail weenies. It is amazing to me how so many people (cough cough administrators) have no clue about the reality of K-12 teaching. We survive with innovation, craft, and love. We're frugal, too. We can't waste anything. 

It will be a great celebration, as always. so much joy and love for the progression. 

Today, however....all the behind the scenes work.