Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Moving Beyond Poetic Daleys and Getting Back Into the Narrative Life, Beginning with Support for @Othello88 & His Hip Hop Honors Class

 

The 14-hour day ended with Chipotles, so all was well.

A day of meeting, advising, consulting, reviewing, writing, organizing, reflecting, and analyzing ended with the joy of some music as Mr. Ivory Snow entertained Fairfield University with some music before Dave came on to do his thing. 

Truth. I want to take the course taught by Dr. Kris Sealey and Dave Wooley. I am ignorant to the max on the history and could benefit from the knowledge they bring to their student. And, as always, Ish showing up with his SAMO brilliance. Philosophy of Hip Hop. Phew. 

This morning's post needs to be brief because I have to be on from 9:30 until later this afternoon, so heading to campus early is a priority. Slowly and surely, things are returning to semi-normal on campus, even though I get an email after my last class to learn three of my students tested positive for Covid - they were unmasked, of course. Me? Double masked. I want it gone forever and I'm cursing all who are saying this is the new normal....the battle between humans and viruses. 

And what's with the May rain? Take it back, April. It's time for the flowers.

I have Karal to congratulate for waking me up at 6 a.m. thinking she was Tigger the Tiger and singing her puppy operetta. I want to know who put the energy drink in her dreams because she woke up wild and ready to go...nothing like having a wet, fuzzy rag (it used to be a reindeer, I believe) dropped on your face with a pounce!