Monday, May 2, 2022

Proud, Not Proud. I Tried, and I've Been Patient and Strategic Over Time. Here I Was Thinking I Was Being Clever & Crafty.

The burners on the grill are slowly rusting into oblivion and the starters start only when they feel like it. Yes, I could go buy another grill, but I think, "The frame is fine. Just replace the parts." I pride myself on finding everything rather cheap online, rather than pay Home Depot or Lowe's sky-rocketed, inflated prices. Slowly the parts trickle in, I watch several YouTube videos, and I think, "This will be easy."

It was easy....sort of. 

Everything is replace and looks great, except now the igniters are not working on all the gas lines. Of course, my particular brand has this odd igniter mechanism that you can't get to unless you take the entire thing apart. So now, I will will have to use a lighter to get the grill started, and my thoughts of having a new grill without investing in a new grill was for nought. 

I should have just bought a new grill. My entire day was wasted cleaning, staining, and repairing the grill I had. I was so frustrated at the end of the night that I just ordered in. Forget outdoor cooking.

Boo. 

But I can say today is not a poem and #VerseLove is over for another year. Now, it's just May-chaos as students set up for graduations and the time-cycle speeds even faster.

And it's Monday.

Ugh.