Monday, May 16, 2022

Clematis Resoration 2022. We'll Pretend It Never Went Away. All Will Be Well, Although I Imagine My Father Misses My Mom's.

True story. When I lived in Kentucky, I bought my mom a purple clematis for Mother's Day, which my father heard as clitoris, and that was what it was then called from that point on. My father loved my mother's clematis, and anyone walking by got a tour of how it bloomed in the CNY summer air. "Come see my wife's clematis," he'd tell all walkers. Um. It was never corrected and it still brings me joy that this is a Amalfi Drive truth.

Here's another true story. I planted a similar clematis on Mt. Pleasant as soon as we moved in. It climbed along the garage wall and I loved it. Then, while away near Father's Day during one of Chitunga's rearrangements and restructuring of our home, he ripped it up saying, "I can't stand that weed next to the house." 

It wasn't a weed. It didn't come back. He's a big boy now and moved out. I replaced the weed and am hopeful. It's just a shrimp right now, but I will bring back the trellis, which Tunga also hated. Not sure what his issue was...I want it to climb the garage.

I also grilled him a dinner at 3. I told him I have a gift for his Sunday, but after sitting in traffic for two hours with another hour expected I had to text to say, "I'm giving up. It's 23 miles. CT traffic sucks and it not worth it. I will eat your meal and tell you how awesome it was."

Nutmeg state problems.

I'm heading to Housatonic Community College for work with Bridgeport Public Education Fund today. It's been a while and I'm excited to work with graduating seniors of Bridgeport Schools. Looking forward to the rebirth.