Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Another Day for the Record Books: Bridgeport Seniors at Housatonic Community College Followed by Senior Soiree at Fairfield and Then a Dinner

I was out of the house by 8. Came home in the afternoon to walk Karal and was back out of the house until 10 p.m. for the annual R&T dinner. The day was very long and today will be another, followed by another, and so on. I'm exhausted.

Still, a highlight for me was when one of the Bridgeport seniors came up and said, "Dr. Crandall, I did Ubuntu Academy when I was a freshman and I remember you. You know my brother Juma well, too." Ah, I know this kid...an incredible soccer player and a mentee of Michael Silver. Saidi Musa is having his time to graduate and only has a few more weeks left of his high school career. Congratulations to him and all the seniors sponsored and supported by the Bridgeport Public Education Fund's College Awareness Program. These people do incredible work for all the kids with their eyes on higher education.

Another highlight was the R&T dinner at Artisan, and although the storms came in as we sat down, we really had a delicious, well-deserved meal. I've been looking forward to this for months. 

Today, however, it's another retreat, so back to campus I go. I don't know if I'm coming or going, but I do know I'm proud when a kid comes up to say he appreciated the CWP summer programs. Better, to see him thriving as a senior. 

Our investments pay off.

His older brother came through 8 years ago and he was just a kid. Now it's his turn to rise.

The pace is hard to keep up with - it just goes by too fast.