Thursday, May 26, 2022

Okay, @CuseCoachJack! Syracuse in the House! Yes, I Know. We're in Denver. But I See You. We Got This. Cuse Nation! Orange Women.

So, I chose to drive to Syracuse, fly from Syracuse to Denver, then fly back to Syracuse. Why? My family is in Syracuse and my doctorate is from there. I'm in the lobby of the hotel and see Syracuse garb (that's what happens when luggage doesn't arrive) and I say, "SYRACUSE," in which I then meet Syracuse Head Coach Felisha Legette-Jack. She just arrived, because she's doing a keynote for a conference of women coaches at the same hotel, promoting strong women in sports.

Boom. Bam. Bing! That was the thing! 

Of course I talked Hoops4Hope, Skills4Life, Hoops Africa: Ubuntu Matters, and all the Syracuse connections. 

All the way in Colorado to meet the head coach from Syracuse in the lobby. That's what I'm talking about. Now, I have to get Dr. Kelly Chandler-Olcott, the School of Education, Abu & Lossine Bility, and the Syracuse refugee community together to talk sports, literacy, women's athletics, mentorship, and the necessary skills to achieve on and off the course. BOOM. 

I'm ready for Ubuntu Academy Syracuse. I know the two young men who would be able to lead the way.

#LeadershipMatters #CoachesRock #GoOrange

We're all in this together.