Monday, May 30, 2022

And With That, I've Returned Safely to Connecticut to Kick-Off Two Weeks of Incredible, Joyous Sanity for Hope & the Stars

The drive home was uneventful. The traffic flowed, I had a good book to listen to, and Kanyea and Courtney found time to stop by to see me, Butch, Karal, and Sue, before I left. Amazing to witness the maturity and growth of the very people I love to mentor and learn with.

I did come home with the CWP computer being ousted from Fairfield University systems again (this is the annual tradition of summer - so frustrating), but I found a work-around with online emails and passwords, although I gave myself plenty of grays trying to remember exactly how. 

Mom worried I left Karal's IAMs behind, but I assured her that was a bag for Amalfi Drive visits. All is well. She will be able to eat.

Today, I drive to campus to get all the supplies for 100s of kids coming for the Writing Our Lives - Black Boy Joy event with Harding High School, Staples High School, and Julian Winters. 

Phew. I saw these weeks coming, and now I need to see them carried forward, even with grad capstones hovering above and around every corner. Easier to get the work done when it isn't sunny and 88 degrees. The beach is calling.

And I'm chagrined, because a piece of mail that was mailed to me before I left is still not in my mailbox...I'm awaiting a book. Instead of that book, though, I have another box of children's books waiting to find a good home. 

Ah, we got this. Breathing in. Breathing out.