Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Cheers! This is a Photo from the Other Night, But I Thought It Appropriate to Tip My Glass on This Wednesday Morning (Well, Tip This Photo. I'm Drinking Coffee Now)

Cheers! My grades are finally in (and to the unpaid independent, studies from the English Department the students are good to go).

Cheers! The 1200+ additional hours of service for R&T are now over and I feel good about the three years I served.

Cheers! Food was good last night. 

Cheers! My department chair rocks and does phenomenal work, despite the obstacles that stand in his way. It is extremely admirable.

Cheers! To my colleagues who have found retirement at no better time that right now (Yes, I know you had 5 more years in you and I get why you want to leave now).

Cheers! To my colleagues who have been hired in leadership roles at other institutions. God Speed. May you enjoy the sanctity of new spaces.

Cheers! To the literary agent who finally got back after a year of invitations. Maybe. Just maybe. 

Cheers! To the May winds....the cool temperatures at night are a dream - they match the warm days beautifully, and I love smelling the ocean. 

Cheers! I didn't have to get up this morning to be anywhere at any particular time (unless you count afternoon meetings).

Cheers! The mermaid floats came in for Pam and Oona (a random act of kindness).

Cheers! I enjoyed a walk with Emily Smith today to DSB and back. I wish we had time to talk more. 

Cheers! To my break out group at yesterday's retreat who all had a moment of tears - this work has been too much the last few years.

Cheers! To the Great Whatever! May you allow everything to evolve at exactly the right time so we can continue to enjoy the journey.

Cheers! Here's to you.