Sunday, May 15, 2022

I Needed Soil Therapy, So I Gave Myself a Day in the Dirt...That Is Until the April Showers Saved for May Arrived. It Will be a Good Soaking

I woke up early so I could get atop of my daily goals - planning/writing in the morning, grocery shopping, lawn, and then a day planting and digging in the ground. I'm trying to plant a rather robust herb garden this summer, and I did put all the perennials in pots. 

I also planted Kaitlyn & Dominik's seeds, so we'll see what they will do. Will it be a Heineken tree or a wine bush?

I realized while getting dirty, that what I really need to do is dig everything up and double the size of my gardens. The perennials do very well, especially the Japanese Irises, and my hostas are in need of thinning.  I have to be strategic because the blue berry bushes are loving life this year, and I really want to plant two more. In a dream land, I would not have a lawn to mow. Just varying butterfly and hummingbird plants. An English garden of sorts (maybe even a fox or two).

The lily of the valley are in bloom now, too, so I put a couple of flowers in each bathroom. Phew. That is an incredible smell. Makes the whole house smell clean. Well, it puts up the facade that I actually am cleaning.

I will await to post photos of the results, because we need another few weeks before everything takes off. I'm glad I got them in before the downpour, however, as it will save me watering them for a couple of days. 

But now I have to think about the vegetable garden. I've been loving my tomatoes and peppers, but I took that space for all the herbs. I need to hire a landscaper to assist the construction. 

Now wishing I had a tiller. I'd like zucchini and green beans, too.