Monday, August 8, 2022

Thankful for the @NYTimes for Offering 25 Summer Refreshing Recipes As One of Them I've Never Had, So I Went Right To It Before Hitting the Beach

Crispy Gnocchi Tomato Summer Salad. It was delicious, easy, and perfect for a beach day (well, when we headed back indoors...outdoors, tequila was all that was refreshing). 

Very simple recipe: skillet the gnocchi, slide 1/2 a red onion, basil, and parsley, cut up several kinds of tomatoes, add feta, and mix with balsamic vinegar. Next time, I think I will add garbanzo beans, too. It was filling, refreshing, and delicious.

The water was choppy, however, and standing, kneeling on the paddle board was a little rough. We all ended up falling into the water. I'm now debating about getting a second board, as there's a deal at Ocean State that might be too good to pass up. You basically buy the paddle board then they give you cash back to buy more products in the store (for the same amount). That's how I got my kayak a few years ago, and it took me two years to spend down the gift cards. 

Happy work week, world. It's Monday, but I don't have to do a 9 hour day; I can simply ride the day with what comes my way as I close out summer events and beginning thinking about the Fall. 

I feel good. House is clean. Laundry is done. I was exercised and fed, and I stayed cool in these temperatures. The water was refreshing, I lost my sunglasses twice in the Sound (both times, Beverly found them - okay, I wiped out on the Paddleboard). 

My sinuses are still driving me nuts and my poison ivy blotches are maddening. I'm not sure if it's on Karal and she keeps swiping me with the oils. I keep having breakouts in new spots. 

The weekend was an exhausting kind of relaxation, but one that I needed. It does pay to live by sand and ocean...that's for sure. There's no excuse NOT to take a little holiday when you can.