Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Got to Meet Epic (EPK, Ethan Patrick) Two Weeks After Being Born. Phew. They Always Scare Me When They're This New and Fragile. Beautiful Kid

I would have made record time home if it wasn't for...wasn't for...Connecticut traffic. I was actually cursing saying, "You know what? I'm read for the drones. Yes, I know it's 60% of the workforce, but these truckers are driving me nuts. There has to be another way to transport material items." You hit the edges of Connecticut and the traffic begins. 

It's all good. It was a kazillion degrees out...so much that Karal didn't even want to get out to pee. We made it home, I unpacked, then I was invited to meet the new guy.

He is 50% Preli and 50% Kelly. The perfect kid for a wonderful couple. All fingers and toes...so long. So calming.

But the calm is short-lived as I have a billion and one things to attend to immediately this morning. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to any of them, because I finally got a short taste of what other people mean about summer....mine was very short-lived.

I'm also going to continue doing dance to the rain gods. We need the rain. My new neighbors are in, and it seems strange that when I left Debbie was packing up, and now there's completely new residents directly beside me. Hoping they're good people like her. Rumor is they are veterinarians which will be wonderful, as that seems to be good company for these parts.

Happy Hump Day, World. As Tim O'Brien wrote, there's much to be humped always.