Friday, August 26, 2022

In Their Happy Places. Dad Watching Little League Baseball Playoffs and Mom on Her I-Pad Watching Stranger Things with Chocolate, Peanut Butter Ice Cream

A productive day. Mom to doctors and to the grocery store. Dad to get his hunting license for another season (I tried to talk him into a Nerf gun and said we could make mom a pair of antlers and he could shoot her, but that didn't sell). Dad also went to his hearing aid people and was suggested, which we also followed with a grocery run. If you need bread, donuts, or grapes, we have you covered.

I got my Wegman's sub for lunch so I'm 100% satisfied and good to go.

For dinner, I grilled vegetables, steaks, mushrooms, and burgers. Cynde and Mike came over and we ate well before I had a 6 p.m. meeting and dad settled into the LL World Series. To be honest, if I was in CT tonight I'd be watching the LL World Series, too. It's an August addition every year. 

Note: this is pre-blankets. Dad is in shorts, but a winter flannel because they keep the house very, very cold. They both then retreat under blankets complaining they're cold. It's probably the addition of ice cream for mom, though. Air conditioning and ice cream. 

And it's amazing. Dad's lucidity ebbs and flows, but when it comes to making calls on the field, he's pretty accurate with outs, safes, balls, and strikes. Eagle eyed, actually...as always.

The calls can be made with the volume lowered as mom blares Stranger Things. It's an accommodation for the parental units where everyone wins.