Tuesday, August 16, 2022

My Good Deed for the Week. It Was a Monday and It Never Stopped...so I Dropped Off Joanna and Justin's Wedding Butterfly Bush. Bring On the Spirits

The day took off rather quickly, and I'm still not sure where all the time went. I do know that I got a butterfly bush for Justine and Joanna, which I dropped off on their front porch. My bush is currently loaded with swallowtails and monarchs (no, there's no sexual pun there), and I thought it'd be a great welcome-home gift from me. Crazy to know they are less than 4 miles from my house, but we travelled all the way to Mayfield, Kentucky to see each other. That must change.

I also laughed that my lawn guy stopped by to aerate the grass and I told him, "You're doing a great job. My lawn is a complete dustbowl out front and in the back. There is no grass, so I don't know why you're bothering."

I'm not going to water. This is the northeast, and I'm sorry we're in a drought, but I'm not swamping the yard with high water bills. Comes what may, I say. for now, I'll take the dust. It's insane. 

And there's a rumor it is supposed to rain this afternoon. We shall see. We all definitely need it. Connecticut is excessively thirsty right now. 

Bring on the floods.