Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Boo! I'm Afraid August is Being Bullied by September and October and Water Sport Season is Disappearing. That's Why I Ordered Another Board

Truth be told, OSJL had a great deal...buy a paddle board and get equal amount of money on a gift card for the store. So, there's now $399 to be spent at OSJL and we have two paddle boards to play with during the summer months. Yesterday, I actually cancelled a meeting to get some water time (thanks, Jessica, for understanding and encouragement. Yesterday's sand-time was for you). But the water was rough and standing was not easy. Kneeling was fine, sitting was a breeze, but the standing part...splash. Soaked. And worth all of it...except the Man-o-War in the water.

The beaches were empty, too. Ocean to ourselves and the experience was wonderful.

Alas, today will be cloudy and the temperatures are dropping which means the water will cool even faster.

Ugh. Of course, I procrastinated the list of things I wanted to accomplish for the day, but when the email came in that my 2nd paddle board was here (btw...orange and blue - Syracuse colors), I took it as a sign that there were more important things to do that read, write, plan, edit, and revise. The world was calling. 

Today, however, I'm getting back to the grind because I have to. And I'm looking forward to it. I love the students, I love the schools and teachers I work with, and I love the National Writing Project. The good colleagues across campus find one another and they keep me going, too. 

So, here's to hump-day. Time to make the donuts. Well, to sip coffee for two to three hours from home (while I'm still able to live this way)