Wednesday, August 24, 2022

It's the Little Things In Life that Should Make Us Happy. A Good Dinner with Friends. Folded Towels from the Dryer. A New Collar for the Pupperdoodle.

I bought a paddleboard and was given an equal amount to spend at Ocean State Job Lot. Yesterday, I bought karat a new collar and leash (hey, big spender) and I busted my fingers trying to get the tags relocated. They makes those wire things next to impossible to maneuver. Yes, Karal is female, but we went ti with a light blue to shake things up a bit. It's still a floral design, however, so anyone who pays close attention will know it's a girl dog. She still sleeps with her feet up against the wall.

Today, I have campus meetings followed by a trip to Syracuse to spend time with the parental units. I have books queued on audible and I'm looking forward to the listening (actually going after an award-winning book I missed a few years ago). 

The storms they've predicted three days in a row have all gone south or north. We might get a sprinkle here and there, but for the most part they bypass us completely. We're still as dry as the sawdust that makes an anthill. It's miserable breathing. 

I also had the pleasure of getting dinner with Nels and Emily, colleagues from the English Department who live a few blocks away. We always say we should do it more often, but never do. It's always great company, especially when tapping glasses in great hopes for a new year. They are admirable scholars, indeed. 

I'm looking forward to having Karal showcased her new neck-threads in upstate, New York, and I'm sure she can't wait to have full reign of the back yard. For me, I get 4.5 hours of being on the road and that always makes me happy.

But first...there's this meeting I must attend.