Sunday, August 7, 2022

It's the Mundane That Is Attractive To Me Now: Mopping, Vacuuming, Doing Laundry, & Sitting Within a Cold House

My brain is still not working. I had a good sleep and couldn't wait to do nothing but, well, absolutely nothing. It is the waltz of mindlessness, cleanliness, calmness, and serenity that is attracting me most. 

I spent the day catching up with people, talking with students of yesteryear, and arranging hotels and rental cars for a soon-to-come wedding. And it felt great. I was able to hang up my hat of obligations, worry, frustrations, and dumpster-fire extinguishing, to simply fold laundry, load white cloths in bleach, and not stressing about time, responsibilities, nor Workday. 

I'm not sure what today will bring, but I am hoping to continue a weekend of relaxation. It's hot in CT, the humidity too intense, and the lack of rain has caused conditions to be dusty and thick outside. My nostrils and throat would like reprieve.

I'll deal with my psoriasis, poison ivy, and dry cough in hopes that rain and cooler temperatures are on the way. It's Sunday, and I will use it as a day of rest, because that is exactly what the universe has ordered.

Be well. Rest. Recover. 

I think I shall make a gnocchi and tomato salad.