Saturday, August 13, 2022

84 Degrees and No Humidity in August Seems Like Kentucky Fiction, But That Is What we Got for Hiking & Joanna's Wedding - an Absolute Beautiful Day

The day was all sunshine, conversation, joy, celebration, beauty, and love...those are the best kinds of days to have. There are too many beautiful pictures to post, so I'm going with the KY-made pies and pastries that were on display at the lodge (probably enough mini-pies so everyone could eat two). It was a nice cap to a wonderful barbecue before the dancing took off until midnight.

Ah, who doesn't love a bourbon toast?

Only mishap was Crandall falling through rotted wood on a staircase walking toward the water. I wiped, but am okay. The stair...not so much. I am surprised I'm not a gigantic bruise this morning. 

I'll likely post wedding pictures onto Facebook to capture the rest, but opted for desserts here.

Our flight back to Connecticut is at 6 p.m., so we have more time to play around in the area. It's another beautiful day today and I'm thankful that Joanna and Justin pulled me back to the bluegrass. Everything is so lush down here compared to the northeast where it's a dustbowl. Happy Weekend everyone.