Sunday, August 21, 2022

Snuck In a Saturday Margarita at the Last Minute, as Everyone's Weekend's Shenanigans Came to a Close

I was actually at Big Y preparing for a neighborhood picnic when I got a text to say there was a congregation at Pam's in Walnut Beach and if I was anyone, I would be there. I thought everyone had other plans for the evening. Edem stunk up the house cooking some sort of fish concoction, and I was delighted to know people were doing something outside my home. So I went. And I got my margarita.

It was another hot day in Connecticut and I'm hoping the two days of rain predicted ahead comes true. 

I spent most of Saturday working on grants, an award application, and articles, so when 6 pm rolled around and I learned I was invited out, I was very happy. I tried to make dinner arrangements all day with CWP teachers and no one was biting. I was feeling a wee bit sorry for myself when everyone folded into the beach as usual. 

I'm also proud to say that the cabin is booked for Rhiannon and Eric's wedding in the Adriondacks. It's a bit of a splurge, but I'm in need of another getaway, especially when its totally embalmed in nature. I can't wait. 

Okay, Sunday. I need to start cooking and cleaning. We got this.