Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Far From a High Performer, I Managed to Bust a Belt on the Vacuum Cleaner's 2nd Use (Meanwhile I've Become a Gorilla in the Mist)

I blame the dog. She leaves her toys everywhere, and even when swiping the furniture, her furry creatures get entrapped in the bottom of the vacuum cleaner. I didn't even see it. I just smelt it as it clogged the propellor, created the burned rubber smell, then smoked itself to death. I blew a belt. Ugh. At least I was cleaning. 

I also bought a vaporizer to mist the room while I sleep. I can't take another night of dry air (even with he air conditioner running). We shall see if that makes any difference. Yesterday was a long day and, to be honest, it felt like an end of a school year. By 3 pm I laid down on the couch and fell asleep for two hours. I was simply zonked out. My brain refused to work. I guess this is what happens when you run non-stop for 11 years during winter and summer breaks. Eventually it all catches up. 

I think it has caught up. 

I'm holding out for a great writing day, pretending it's me agains all the deadlines in the universe. It doesn't help that staff and faculty are slowly checking email again, so I'm getting responses for requests I made in June. I guess this is the way it is for others. June thru August are off limits....but I thought staff had different expectations. 

Okay. Gripe-session over. Onward.