Thursday, August 25, 2022

After a Queen Concert, My Parents Took Out Their Dancing Shoes & Performed SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE Until It Was Time to Go to Bed. CNY Chronicles

Neighbors bought my mom sheet music from QUEEN, so she dusted off her electronic keyboard and with her Popeye eye, squinted to play some of her favorite melodies as my welcoming entourage upon arriving to upstate New York. I though this would be the highlight of the first night home, but then chose to perform routines from Singing in the Rain, Cabaret, Dirty Dancing, and Saturday Night Fever. 

This was a post-Covid performance as they'd been saving these talent for a time I'd be home and they could (VOLUME UP SO THE CAROLIs COULD HEAR THE MUSIC, TOO) put on a show to remember. 

Long gone are days of the slop (a Sherburne thing) and now the parental units are being choreographed by Travis Wall, Tyce Diorio, and Posha Kovalev. 

It was something to behold. Brenda worked spotlights from behind and Betty Lou worked the ones out front. Come to think of it, I think the Corbetts could hear the music down in the Carolinas...dad's got to hear the beat, ya know. 

Now, we're off for a day of medical procedures, pharmacies, bloodwork, and medical-transportation. This is the reason I take my vitamins.