Friday, July 1, 2022

Impulse Purchase, But I Went for It. Actually, I Didn't, but Several Hours Later WE Went For It. Collaborative Pick-Up for Our Favorite Beach.

Sometimes I think the Danes were on to something. I love the families that lived on communes that shared cars, appliances, kitchens, horses, tools, and even clothes. Why does every family need to purchase things individually, when as a collective you can go in on what the community might share. I've thought about this often when I think about my snowblower, lawnmower, leaf blower, and hedge clippers being useless until I need them. Same is true for my kayak, but if the collective goes together, then it is fair use for those wishing to use.

That's how it went down. Our beach gang now has a paddle board, which we plan to put to use in the morning. If we love the beach, and we love the shore, and we love the moon, and we love the water, why not add to a love of toys. We now have an ability to glide along the water in an upright position. Now, I have visions of me doing handstands and practicing yoga as I do, but I know I will simply end up in the water. 

Last weekend, we watched a kid with a backpack gliding across the water in work clothes and I said, "He trusts his skills, but what a way to get on the way. I want that." 

We shall see what fools we make of ourselves, but for the time being, this weekend means we have two kayaks, an Island for 12, Pam's unicorn float for 8, and this Paddle board. Prayers up we do as we do without any incidences. 

My goal is to float, ride, and glide for days. It's JULY!!!!! and the heat is here. Be safe everyone.