Sunday, July 3, 2022

When You Do a Day Trip to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and Run Into the @_silvergal and Michael (Well, They Pick You Up at the Hotel)

Here's hoping Karal does well with an overnight by herself. She has the couch, the bed, was fed, and should be fine, as Edem will be home in the morning, but Chitunga and I traveled north to Portsmouth, New Hampshire just to say we did. We actually stopped in Mystic, CT, for lunch, then came to our hotel and walked across the bridge to Badger's Island, so now I can say I've been to Maine. It's not the Maine I've wanted to go to, but it is still in the same state. Just needed to walk the overhead that connected New Hampshire to the Island in Maine.

It turns out Kathy's mom and dad live 14 miles outside of Portsmouth and they were here, too, so they picked us up at the hotel and we all went to dinner. This is a romper room playground for Kathy. She knows the area much better than we do. 

Although the storms didn't hit, and the temperatures were extremely high, I can attest that the cloud formations and sunset were remarkable, although I didn't take any pictures. 

Tacos, rice bowls, tequila, and some beers. We're all good. 

Tomorrow, we'll swing back to Boston and hopefully see some friends from my high school years. I look forward to that. It's a really beautiful city to know. Glad we made the road trip.