Saturday, July 2, 2022

On a Good Note, I Am Able to Stand up for Around 5 Seconds Before Falling Off, But Definitely Made Progress in One Day.

That's me lying on my stomach. I don't mind the paddle board work from my stomach, sitting, or even kneeling. The issue for instability is when I stand up. Sorry I can't post video of my multiple wipe-outs which Pam caught on her phone. I would get upright, start to paddle, then fall to the left, right, or backwards. Need to work on that some. 

Okay, Tunga's on his way to Stratford and we're road tripping so he can stay in another state - a goal of sleeping in at least five new states this year. We're thinking about Portstmouth, New Hampshire, so we then can swing back to Boston, see Weston, and get a lunch with Julie Burke who is visiting Weston from Cortland. We shall see. He leaves for Charleston, North Carolina early this week, and Edem is having surgery, so I'm Mr. Uber driver and care-taker for six weeks. 

I didn't see any whales or sharks on my water voyage yesterday, but wonder how people paddle board by such creatures when they arrive. I've watched the videos. Impossible. There's no way you could stay standing up with whales making waves. I don't believe it. Fake news. Fake news.

I must say, though, that the 72-degree water with the 87-degree air made for a perfect mix. I didn't mind wiping out because it was extremely refreshing, and I'm already dark enough...I don't need much more sunlight. 

Ah, but now we'll see what sort of mischief the lil' kid and I will get into on this spur-of-the-moment foolishness. 

More to come.