Saturday, July 30, 2022

In My Head, I'll Sleep Today Until 3 p.m. in the Afternoon, but as I Hit Publish at 5:30 a.m, I Realize I've Failed. I Need These Days of Rest, But....Internal Alarm Clocks

I was telling my mom that the summer work I get to do is absolute joy, pleasure, bliss, and inspiration. It always is, but this year seems extra special. And then I have to return to campus life, bureaucracies, egos, administration, and hypocrisy, which I must endure until I can do summer work once again. Each of the CWP rooms radiate happiness and craft, and it simply feels wonderful to be in a space where everyone is working hard, creating, and supporting one another to be their best selves. On numerous occasions yesterday, I found myself welling up with tears simply because of all that was being accomplished. 

And the thankfulness and appreciation are immeasurable. It's nirvana, before returning to a joyless morgue. 

We have only one more week left, and I'm going to rest the next couple of days so I'm ready for every second of it. 

I can't wait to share the college essays from this year's crew. I am just in awe on what they are writing, celebrating, and having to say. And the best part is many of these kids have grown up in CWP literacy labs, including Ubuntu Academy...there are no words. 

But it's supposed to be hot. And I might get a beach day. I do know I need to go slow and to rest. I can feel it in my bones.

Happy Saturday. Can't wait for the last five days to come.