Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Can You Spot Mr. Frog? He Was Hiding in the Pond for the Youngest Writers During Their Nature Writing Day at the Pond. I Said, "Look. A Brother."

Day two went well, with kids on all floors putting together another layer of their writing and 100% engaged in the tasks at hand. It really is miraculous how accomplished these program are. They just take off.  Sometimes I say, "We don't need to do anything. We just need to get our of the way so the kids can write exactly as they want to."

Today, we'll be focusing on dialogue and conversation in all the pieces we've been composing, and I'm looking forward to doing workshops with both groups. Bring back the 10-minute places.

The heat kicked on in southern Connecticut yesterday and today is supposed to be a larger scorcher. I bought water to help us to maintain hydration and I'm encouraging the teachers to stay indoors. I know when the parents come to pick up the kids and ask, "Can we come in?" that is must be miserable outside. 

Sure. Enjoy the indoor cooler temperatures. 

I worked up a sweat in the afternoon when I helped Pam empty her garage and finally get all the outdoor furniture on her patio. It was drenching. Good thing for us, Oona brought back sausage and pirogies for dinner, so it was worth the workout. That, and an evening dip in their community pool. 

Okay, humpday. Let's see what today has in store.