Tuesday, July 5, 2022

And I Did Achieve a 4th Like I Wanted. A Day of Kayaking, R&R, Horrible Paddle-Boarding, and Looking Grayer & More Like My Father Every Day (Well, Grandpa Spence)

The wind on the sound was cool, so being out in the sun all day wasn't a problem. High tide was choppy, though, as a result. Definitely wasn't standing on the paddle board. I tried. I failed. I had much better luck in the kayak, and was able to take it out a couple of times. I didn't go out to Charles Island, though, because I didn't know how rough it would be to paddle that far. Better safe than sorry.

This photo is somewhat deceiving, as there weren't to many spots on the beach open. It was definitely a perfect summer day - no humidity, warm temperature and cool winds from the southwest (which is odd in itself).

I'm up and at it early this morning, however, as Edem needs to be dropped off for surgery and Chitunga needs to be taken to the airport to visit a friend in Charleston. I begin my day as an Uber driver.

Next week kicks off summer programs, so I need to be in the office organizing all the crazy to come - probably should do more ordering, too. But we should be all set.

Also watched a guy para-surfing and was thinking, 'Hmmmm. I wonder if I might be able to do that.' NOT. Happy back to work week, America!

And yes, I completed Stranger Things. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to binge watching.