Sunday, July 24, 2022

Ah, Nature. From Bev's Birthday Butterfly Bushes to Friday's Bee-racula Episode While Checking In Kids. It's Magical, Really,

Well, it sort of sucks for the maggot. The bee kept flying down on the table and sucking the life out of it, disturbed that I was also there checking kids in. It was rather beautiful, really, to see life tackling life like that. 

Saturday was a decent rest, walking Karal in the a.m. and still being soaked from humidity, then spending the rest of the day in Bev and Leo's pool for Bev's birthday. They have two butterfly bushes and floating in the tubes is like being at a butterfly sanctuary as 100s of butterflies and hummingbirds feed on the flowers. It's a great day to spend a day to beat the heat. 

Of course, the pool water was 94 degrees, but it still beat the sun and wet air. By night fall, a breeze kicked up and it actually felt somewhat cool. 

Today, we have the hottest of them yet, and I'm likely to simply sit indoors for the majority of it. I have another birthday party in the evening, and I have to muster my internal air conditioner for that one. I know we'll be complaining about the cold before we know it, so I'll try to bite my tongue some...

like the bee this upon this maggot's throat. 

Vampire. So vicious.