Monday, July 11, 2022

Now This is a Throwback That Takes Me Back - 1st Years of Summer Programming with CWP-Fairfield. Can't Wait to Begin Playing Again Today

The kids are arriving! The kids are arriving! And we're writing. Just small cohorts this year, but we're super-excited to get going! 

And yesterday, Justine posted this throw-back photo from several years ago when I first met her. I brought my magnet letters with me from Kentucky (stored during my Syracuse days) and greeted each room with something funny for the teachers. Often I drew pictures and added the letters so that when they arrived they could begin their day with a smile. I often (with nervous energy) arrived several hours before them (which is likely to happen again this morning, too). 

I'm also unsure if people have humor any more of if something like this would just crash into misery. But a decade ago, this was part of the fun. Teachers looked forward to their morning messages.

Ah, but I have to wear my administrator hat because the work we do needs to be serious. We want each kid published by the end of the summer, which will happen! It always does.

Tunga is safely home from South Carolina, Karal officially had ice cream cups with her buddy Bucky, and I'm simply praying for a smooth four weeks...it's the least I can ask for.

I didn't make it back to the ocean today, which I wanted to do because I'm being called by the paddleboard, but there was much work needing to be done on campus. I feel like I'm 90% on top of the game (and I've also finished more than half of the journal articles that needed to be reviewing - it's like editing a book, I believe...so many moving parts collaborating with fellow authors). 

Here's to your workweek. It all begins in 3...2...1