Saturday, July 16, 2022

I Love the Innovation, Creativity, and Flexibility of Youth. When They Bring You a Winter Sled & Ask, "Can You help to Make This into a Shield..," Well...You Do.

Little Lab for Big Imaginations always ends with reader's theater. The young people collaborate to mash multiple stories and to write a script for themselves that is then read to perform on day 5. This year's scrip was multilayered, with red pandas, Poseidon, mermaids, and Aquaman. I don't ask. I just witness. All I know is that the costuming, lighting, script performance, and timing needs to be 100% on par. They take themselves very, very seriously. All I can ask is, "Are they having fun?" If they are, then my job is done. 

They were having a blast. 

The shield is a design from one of the Marvel movies and it was left to me at lunch. I couldn't help but realize that construction paper and wit would easily recreate the shied as the warrior wanted it. That was my biggest contribution of the day.

Then, last night, Leo, Bev, Cynde, Pam, Mike, and I went to Stress Factory to see Arnold A. Palmer, the comedian. He did a 1.5 hour set and was rather remarkable. Bridgeport deserved the humor and digs that were thrown its way. The audience was rather scarce. 

We got Paradise Pizza, had a few cocktails, then were off for laughter. Today, however, is a beach day 100% of the way. And we have a perfect one - can't wait to enjoy some R&R with the family.