Friday, July 15, 2022

It's Friday. Hard to Believe That Week One Is Down, But We Have Wonderful Success. I Really Wish Everyone Could Come See the Magic. It's Amazing.

You know what is wonderful about having visitors? It's an excuse to clean. Actually, I shut Chitunga's room down when he's not here and today I rearranged it and noticed, "Shit, kid. Some of your paint job is, um, lacking. I need to go in there and touch it up, some, plus work on that sky light leak. Ugh. Ice, 2020." Cynde and Mike will be here by afternoon, so I cleaned in a way I should have cleaned for several months now. I just didn't have time or an excuse. I'm ready to start paying someone for help. I just can't prioritize it, which is a shame, because it's only Edem and me now.

Meanwhile, we couldn't be happier about the first week of the 2022 Young Adult Literacy Labs. We might have been on camera for a few years, but the incredible teaching, creativity, imagination, and brilliance is back once again for in-person success. Michael and I recorded all the writers in Character Matters and it is amazing how good their stories are. The audio is amazing.

And these little labbers - we can't help but admire their excellence. When we did a script writing exercise this week, we all looked at each other and said, "Dang. These are the best readers we've ever had. Not only do they read well, but they read with personality and in character." It was really cool.

Okay, last day, week one, begins in 3...2...1.