Monday, December 12, 2022

Tis the Season to Club Husbands! Whacka-whacka Woo, a Whomp Whomp Oomph. Playing Games Like Neanderthals. Whacka-whacka Woo, a Whomp Whomp Oomph

It's been way too long before gathering with Kris and Dave, and when I learned Justin was home, I knew I needed to make something happen. They've been on the go with college visits for Val and Isaiah, plus teaching, plus conferences, plus parenting...it's just been impossible to get together. A week ago I said, "Name a night you're free and I'm cooking for your entourage. 

Well, last night it was. I've been prepping for a week. Chitunga arrived, too, and I said, "Can you imagine cooking for a house of 7 every night? Oi Vay. I'm including Juliet on all of this, as she was with Justin and visiting from Memphis. Sadly, they didn't bring their dog with them.

Spaghetti, meatballs, salad, mushrooms, sausage, and a gorgonzola sauce for those that wanted to experiment (we all experimented, so good). 

Perhaps the highlight was that Dave brought IPAs and one was called Polish Champaign. Justin said, "Whoa, this tastes like roasted kielbasa," and I thought he was joking, but sure enough...it tasted like smoked kielbasa, indeed. What an odd beer. Actually, I wouldn't be able to drink it.

Ishy found Neanderthal Poetry in my game table and wola! The next thing we knew we were writing mono-syllabic verses to get others to thing what it was they were trying to say. 

We all recognize that Kris took a little too much pleasure in whomping Dave over the head for breaking the monosyllabic rule -- too much fun. 

And with that, a weekend ended. It's back to the grind this morning and full force drive to finish the last two weeks. I'm not sure who thought it would be smart to have the last class for graduate students on the 21st, nor who decided school systems should go until the 23rd, half day. That's just insane. We should all close down for a month and give ourselves a break.

That is what we did last night and it was a blast, which I hoped it would be.

Here's to the week, y'all. You got got this. Tonight - SU in the NCAA soccer championship - Tuesday - World Cup, Wednesday - World Cup, and Thursday - recording a new episode of The Write Time and then NCAA final four women's volleyball. There's so much to look forward to and December's been a blast.