Friday, December 2, 2022

Thankful for a Thursday Night Impromptu Dinner with Friends in Front of a December Tree to Let the Mind Chill Out of a While

I got up early and charged ahead: deadline, followed by deadline, followed by deadline, followed by meetings, followed by a celebration of a grant writer in Foundations who has been a blessing, but who is following her heart for a better world, followed by a long walk with Karal, and the culinary craft of Pam, Oona, and Jake the dog who is recovering well.

We look for such bliss to center our universes.

Jake had an ACL surgery and has been rather lame, but tonight he had more pep in his step and seemed to be his usual loving, curious self. 

Perhaps the same can be said for me, as I was comfortable eating with friends, having a glass of wine, and catching up on all the changes still to come.

Today, I am trapped by numerous University obligations, the majority of which are time-consuming I know that Monday is even worse. I have additional deadliness to meet and plan to work while pretending to be attentive, so I can accomplish what I'm paid to do -- one of the many jobs that are on the plate without the support one would expect. 

I finally got lights for the 2nd floor, so I came home to a fully lit house so that the holiday glitter is complete. I love watching volleyball, World Cup, and beginning basketball seasons while entertained by a tree, the transitions to a new year, and a reimagining what is possible for another year (through the comfort of Christmas decorations). I'm still partying like it is 1999, but it is about to be 2023. Who'd of ever thunk it?

Here's to all still to come.