Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas, Everyone! May You Enjoy the Day with Loved Ones & Find Joy in the Company of Others

I think the two-week bug-diagnosis is about accurate, and I settled with finishing Dead to Me, eating wedding soup (thanks, Beth) and snacking on cookies (thanks, Pam). I also was fortunate to hear a reading of A Flake Like Mike and Dave the Cracker, before settling into an evening of coughing and Holiday cooking shows. Karal seemed to sense something was amok, as she made sure to keep my feet warm and brought me toys from her basket to share her love. 

I could hear cheer from the house of neighbors and even peep in from my upstairs windows, which was nothing voyeuristic, just something I noticed.

All was merry and bright, which it should be

Cynde read a Christmas poem and rhymed Yahtzee with Pepsi, and all was on par for usual.

I do hope, however, that when they did the "Brady" tree and had to hang "Bryan's" ornament, then there was a moment of instrumentation for cinematic effect knowing I was not  going to be there this year. 

I tell everyone that I get two days off a year and they are Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I look forward to it year around, and it is always the goal of all the other days --- to make it home for Christmas. It hit me early in the week that I was not going to be healthy enough this year, but I did enjoy the lights in my house, the company of the dog, and knowing that Chitunga brought the sleigh up north for delivery without me (although I didn't nearly finish shopping....just ran out of steam). 

It's all good, as it is what it is.

Merry Christmas, Everyone! From our home, to yours.