Sunday, December 4, 2022

A Nurse, A Linguist, and A Literacy Nerd Walk Into a Bar...Okay, It Was an Impromptu Night on Mt. Pleasant and There Was Wine...a Home Bar

A colleague of mine was having a rough month with family loss and children away at college and I said, "I am crock-potting chicken and have coleslaw and wine," so an evening was created (with more wine). I'm the one who didn't have to drive, but I tempered myself in case they could use a lift home. Always amazing to see what a couple of bottles of wine can do to brighten a Saturda night.

They were good. There was plenty of time to let the wine move through. They safely left around 11 pm.

I like sitting at my laptop with holiday lights and I am totally comfortable in my silence and solitude on a Saturday, but it's also wonderful to have company and to laugh at fellow foolishness, silliness, and the incredible need to let loose for a little while. No books. No writing. No editing. Just talk, which has become a small tradition with Drs. Planas and Farrell. We were all hired around the same time so we have a collegial bon. When we need to process where we work, from time time (besides, Jessie's kids went though CWP), we get together. 

Oddly, Karal avoided this picture besides being obsessed with Michelle. She is such a high-energy dog.

But now it's Sunday. The kid and I are heading out to holiday shop and then I believe meatballs are on the horizon. Day of rest, but I'm sure there's a few more World Cup games to serve as a distraction, and it's beginning with France and Poland.

Make it a great one. I will try to, too.

Blue sky and sun. I will never argue with that.