Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Going Into This Wednesday with Only One Wish, "Please Make It Stop." The News and Updates and End-of-the-Semester Blues Has Been Just a Little Intense

I'm heading into the end-of-the-semester slide without any words to describe the chaos and insanity of graduate students, undergraduates, and colleagues. I keep chalking it up to the fact that we're all still in the Covid-era, and perhaps all the PTSD is coming out now, with symptoms none of us could ever predict.

My theme for last night was meditative Zen. I'm trying to stay in my lane, focus on the good I've been blessed to do with teachers and young people, and invest in what I can continue tomorrow. All the other crazy - the language, the claims, the storytelling, the mythology, and the absence - well, those are for books others are writing. I hope their narrative end well, with what the universe decides for them.  

I simply want to survive to the holidays so I can enjoy Christmas Day. I deserve that one day off each year where light and joy are central to everything. 

I know it's a crazy world, but every once in a while I need a taste of partial sanity. For some reason (Book of Job), I still keep my faith. 

This has been a week to remember. News flying in every direction. Emails. Phone calls. Zoom meetings. The infrastructure has been destroyed over several years - perhaps intentionally, perhaps not. And now we simply ride it out.