Saturday, December 17, 2022

Another Crandall Tradition: Each Year I Update Christmas Family Cards on a French Photo Board, Keeping Track of Human Growth and Beauty

I got to add Oliwia this year, the latest addition to the Crandall board of family holiday cards. Although the rumor is of crankiness and fussiness, she really is an adorable cherub. I can't help walking by it without smiling. The same is true for the Isgar cards, the Barnwells, the Herzogs, the Johnsons, the Marsicks, the Chandler-Olcotts, the Stevens, etc. etc. etc. I never throw them away. I simply keep them for evolution's sake. 

Last night I met Bridgeport educators for dinner at Dockside then bee-lined to BJs before calling it a day. Truth is, I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. for the U of L volleyball matches on Thursday night, and slept until 9 a.m. on Friday, but because I don't stay up that late any more, my sleep was awful, and my body was confused. It wants to be lights out much, much earlier. 

And then last night, a thunderstorm arrived to my stomach at 4 a.m. creating a biblical 90 minutes. Could it be the caramelized onions from the Black & Bleu burger at Dockside (those fries, though)

Rumor is Chitunga made it to Syracuse okay, even with the inclement weather, so he'll be there for Mimi's birthday and Nikki's graduation, which makes me smile. I love that I can be represented through him. I will get there, but not until late in the week (and Sue McV and Dave will get him for the New Year's). 

Today, I will be watching the NCAA Volleyball final and trying to catch up on grading and 2nd semester planning, all so I can be ready for the winter session research course...not that I want to teach it, but the classes need to be covered. Thankful to Pierre for picking up the other half (I'm sure he's exhausted like I am). 

Also looking forward to a day without rain. Poor Karal hates going outside when it's wet, but then misses the long walks so its antsy. I, too, can't stand when I don't get outside for the fresh air. 

Hoping the stomach bombardment is over. It was so rough that I started laughing. I didn't know noises like that could come from a human body!