Tuesday, December 13, 2022

And That's a Wrap with My 2022 Meatball Pre-Holiday Break Cooking Bonanza - Always Best After Sitting in Sauce for a Couple of Days

Yesterday was nuts. I had to read to prepare for the week, stopped at Big Y to get bread, came home and worked for a few hours, then having to make a call I reached for the phone and, nope, it wasn't there. I immediately retraced my steps...all the rooms I walked in, all the movement around outside because I put more outdoor items in the shed, a search of every crevice of the car, then remembered the last time I had it was at the grocery, when I was doing self-check out and a lady said, "I can take you in my lane." It was that exchange that discombobulated me. 

I inhaled, I exhaled, and I ventured back to the store to see if I left it on the counter. 

When I got to the customer service, a girl with no lips said, "What color is it?" and I said "black." To be honest, I thought all phones were black. Nope, the one we have isn't black. "What's on the Home Screen?" I answered, "My son and my dog." She studied me and looked into my eyes. She saw the Home Screen and was a little perplexed. "It's blue," I remembered. "Blue." 

Sure enough, she had it.

Anyway, I promised I'd take a break at 5 to bring Pam the last of the meatballs and pasta, which I did, but I couldn't get the game via the ESPN app because it said my provider denied me. I was going to airplay SU/Indiana NCAA soccer championship game on her t.v. while we ate. That didn't happen. 

I returned home, having eaten another great meal, then tried to get the game on my laptop. Same denial. Of course, when I turn on my t.v., I find the game because I DO PAY FOR THE SPORTS package. Cable is outdated and has always been horrible to its customers.

I don't know why I stick with it. Was glad to get the game on my t.v., but I should be able to stream it on all my devices without frustration. I mean, I pay what I pay so I can watch games.

Okay, the griping is done. My belly was full and the game went into overtime and penalty kicks. In sudden death, Syracuse took the title. It was wonderful to experience...always a pleasure to experience pure joy.