Saturday, December 24, 2022

Looking on the Bright Side. Sure, It's the Holidays, It's 2 Degrees Outside, and I'm Stuck on a Couch, But There's Dead To Me & It's Keeping Me Alive

I used to watch Christina Applegate on Married with Children because it used to come on near the Tracey Ullman Show. It was full of cheesy one liners, over-sexualized humor, and Ted Bundy shoe salesman jokes. It was a quite a dumb show, actually, but Applegate was sexy...hot...she played the part well. That was the purpose.

Last Friday, out with Harding teachers and administrators, they started talking about Dead to Me and I gave it a shot. Okay, I binged. I fell in love with the storyline, characterization, and performances. It's brilliant. I checked to see if Applegate has won any awards. No, this isn't Kelly Bundy....it's so much better. Her talents are remarkable and I've just been in awe. 

It's Patsy and Edwina, Laverne & Shirley, Kate & Ally, Frankie & Grace, Judy & Jen. Brilliant comedic performances portraying silliness, eccentricity, and twisted humor. I just love it.

And I needed the laugh/need the laugh. I want to sit down with the writers and simply learn how their brains work. This is probably not the greatest Christmas Eve post, but it is totally representing joy in my bizarre, comical position these last weeks of 2022. Kicked it off with Covid & and a cracked head, and ended it with burst kitchen pipes and the Flu from hell.

I think we all could use a few laughs. 

And so I'm laughing.