Sunday, December 11, 2022

It's All About da Meata Balls on This December Sunday. Happy to Host the Sealey, Johnson, Wooley Crew Before the Holidays

The older I get, the more I realize it's about planning. On Friday, I prepped food in a crockpot for a Saturday gathering, and Saturday morning, during the first World Cup game, I thought ahead to dinner for Sunday. My mom & dad make incredible meatballs, so I channeled them before making a sauce and letting them soak over night. I also stole a couple and brought them to Pam's where I made a gorgonzola sauce that was also great for the chicken I prepared Friday and the potatoes she made - an impromptu food fest for friends.

Sometimes I think I get more done when there are sports to watch as I'm able to sit still, take in a game, and work on projects that need to be completed. Even better is having time to cook, too, especially in crockpots and with vision. It all seems to work together well...all from home...all void of meetings...all absent from incessant talk and promises that go nowhere.

The World Cup games were spectacular, Syracuse beat Georgetown, and after a heart attack and several bitten nails, the Louisville Women's volleyball team defeated Oregon in the elite 8 of the NCAA tournament. I love watching them play and will be with them Thursday night at 9:30 p.m. as they take on Pittsburgh in Omaha. No, I'm not going to Omaha, but Omaha is coming to my t.v.

It was an eventful Saturday, the kind I wouldn't mind replicating every day if I could.

And this morning, I know all I have to do is work on the courses ahead, offer feedback on projects that have come in early, and write for what is coming in the new year. I suppose this will correspond with a few football games, today, too.

Of course, there are the walks, where I get all my thinking done and where my soul is most at ease. In fact, I am writing this after taking Karal for a stroll, where the first flakes of winter are beginning to fall.