Wednesday, June 1, 2022

It's Jacob Charles Birthday! And It's the Pelican's Birthday (& Recovery, Too). Going Into Humpday Singing the Cake and Candle Songs

A bonus for traveling to Syracuse this past weekend was being able to see my nephews, including Jake, who is celebrating his years on earth today with his family and friends. He's now a teenager! I am hoping the Amazon gift card came in time and that his finger recovered from playing catch with Chitunga on Amalfi Drive this past weekend. 

Birthday Happy, J.C. Barnwell.

I will never forget the night I was babysitting Sean-Man while Casey was in labor. Dave came home in the middle of the night, exhausted, and said. "Well, we've given birth to a boxer." He was so tiny, but his face scrunched up like he was going into a ring to throw some serious punches. 

Also celebrating life today is Dr. Susan James, my mind-partner and daily life-coach who resides in Pensacola, Florida. To celebrate her birthday, she chose to have a medical procedure yesterday and is in full recovery mode - but I still wish a million and one prayers her way so she can be back on her feet emptying the ocean with a fork again (since it's our favorite pastime). 

I'm happy that my friend, Mr. Pelican, arrived in the mail to her this past weekend and now we simply need a porch frog to go with her butterfly pot and bird. This way, every time she enters her home she'll have a reason to smile. 

This year has been so frantic and hectic with Covid, teaching, online adjustments, research, collaborations, and dreams - Susie Q has been with me every step of the way and although she does  "more," I love her friendship, inspiration, and investments in hope. She is all heart, always.

I have a full night of teaching, and I'm still processing an incredible day of Writing Our Lives and Finding Our Joy (what a phenomenal conference with 100+ 10th graders from Harding and Staples High Schools.

And here's a hip-hip hooray for the temperature plummet that occurred around dinner time last night. I don't mind the July heat, but it's better when in July. I want to embrace and enjoy a few more June days, too. 

Happy Birthday, Red!