Thursday, June 23, 2022

This Was Yestrerday. I Spent Most of It in My Office, but When I Came Home, Karal's Pining for the Outdoors Reminded Me How Much It Sucked

It was the buzz kill of buzz kills. I felt like it was every little league game, fishing trip, opportunity to go to an amusement park, and beach day ever known to human kind. The rain never stopped, and poor Karal was most pathetic of all. She wanted to go outside and didn't know why that wet stuff was falling. She refused to step into it.

All was well, though. I finally got half my teachers paid for their work this year, I took a friend to lunch, I wrote for a few hours, and I mistakenly took a break and watched two hours of Captain Marvel. They done flipped their universe one too many times. I'm still dripping in all the cheese. it was awful.

The good news is that the rain is pushing out, the sun should be with us for three days, and I have eyes on the weekend prize (there will be a beach, there will be a beach, there has to be a beach, I know there will be a beach).

Ah, but at 8 pm - 9:15 Karal and I got our walk in. There wasn't another soul out, the ground was wet, but everyone else had given up on the day. And then I spilled a bottle of water all over my papers. 

Because that is the way it goes. 

Some day are just wet.