Saturday, June 11, 2022

Friday Night Flights. Every Once in a While I Like to Be An Uber Driver & Take My Beautiful Friends Out on the Town

I knew by noon yesterday that I didn't want to cook, and I wanted to eat a good meal. It ended up being Stonebridge, blackened fish, a live band, and beautiful company. Shirls and Pam were at the beach all day and were itching to be taken out. I was glad to join them, even though the service was horrible and no one seemed to want to wait on us.

Chitunga headed over the Sound to stay with the 'tives, and I simply grew exhausted from living behind my computer so much. It's been a rough year, and this last sprint to the final Capstone class is doing me in. But I need to muster one more week of energy. It's not done until 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday (and then I have to grade and host one more youth event).

It was nice to get out of the house, though. I walked with Yellow after her final hour at Harding and I caught up on grading and summer programs (although there's more work ahead).

But I got out for the night and that is what counts most.

And back at it again today.