Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Back to My Reading Spot for a Couple of Days. I Caught Up (Finally) at 3 p.m. Yesterday and Knew Exactly Where to Go. Sky, Water, Sand, Books

Two graduate students are late with work. They aren't responding to email and they are the last holding me back from moving on to additional project. Of course, this morning I'm transitioning to the special edition I'm co-editing with Jessica Early, and I have to think about organizing my own world in addition to prepping for Literacy Labs 2022. 

Ah, but yesterday, I looked at the email, the work wasn't sent, and I said, "Screw it. I'm going to the water to get some sun." And I did. If you squint really, really hard you can see New York City in the distance. You have to squint some and really focus. If your eyes are really good, you'll see the Statue of Liberty, too.

I know that Wednesday and Thursday are liquid busts this week with rain falling nonstop for two days, so I'm likely to head back tot he beach this afternoon to finish a couple of books and to keep my eyes on what matters most. Oxygen. Joy. Seagulls. Beach chairs.

It is the time of year when three are few people by the water, so the solitude is even more enjoyable.

Karal and I got four miles and then we took off for the sand...the sun was warm, the air was cool, and the water remains frigid, although I'm ready to get my kayak out there soon. I need the Zen.

Hello, Zen. Good to know you again.