Sunday, June 5, 2022

At 5 p.m. Yesterday I Said, "Crandall, Time for a Break," and After Two Weeks I Hung Out with Oona, Pam, Leo, & Bev (1st Walnut Beach Ice Cream of the Season).

I am my Mom's son. I had peanut butter ice cream with crushed Oreos. Every time you go to Walnut Beach Creamery, they have different flavors. Nothing was looking or sounding good until she said peanut butter ice cream and I was in. Delicious. Impromptu picnics are best - vegetarian Imposter burgers, Cole slaw, laughter.

We walked along the ocean. We warmed in the sun and cooled in the shade. I needed a night off.

In the morning, I drove Dave to get a rental car, got gas, planned Monday Night's Class, started working on Writing Our Lives & Winning with Hope (the last youth conference until literacy camps begin), walked, and put away dishes. Still tired from Friday's great event.

My Sunday is going to be spent grading. I need to be on top of the game as summer courses are intense, ridiculous, and non-stop action. Something goes out as something is coming in. I hated taking them while in Grad School and I hate teaching them now that I'm on the other side.

Also, prayers up for Red in Pensacola. She needs to get out the hospital so we can text, chat, and FaceTime three times a day.