Sunday, June 19, 2022

For Me, It's the Impromptu Color Coordination and Coincidence That Lures My Crazy Brain...Friday Night Pastels

Truth is, I left the Old Fashions of Beth Boquet and Dan in Devon to have BBQ and Trini-fruit with Dave & Kris on Nichols. Chitunga met us there, as did friends of theirs that moved down the street from me. It was a wonderful evening that tired me out...so much so that I was in bed by 10:15 and I slept until 9:30. That is very, very good for me and I appreciated the rest.

Chitunga and Kris seemed to coordinate the outfits, so I had to capture it on film - this as she made pineapple, cilantro medley with a special kick that was delicious over Dave's chicken. I'm still tasting its excellence when I smack my lips. 

Ah, that was Friday. Yesterday and today are full on grading and I am halfway there. I know tomorrow is Juneteenth, and I have an extra-day if it is needed. The Capstones are huge, so they're not easy to assess in any fashion. They were hard work and deserve thorough feedback and consideration. I will tackle a few more after my morning coffee.

And the temperatures. It feels like the crazy summer weather of Denmark, but also of CNY. Who turned the air conditioning on outside? Why are the fans on high? It's cold.

Finally, a hip-hip-hooray for Dominik and Kaitlin for last night's straw berry cake. Light, buttery, and a perfect dessert (now I am thinking I should of had tea).

So, back to grading in 3...2...1....

Happy Father's Day, Dad!!!