Monday, January 31, 2022

It's Monday (Ribbit Ribbit). The Great Whatever Is Laughing Right Now. Crandall Got a Primary Care Physician. Hey, I Made My List of 50 for 50. I'm Getting There

I always forget that the day after a storm, life doesn't necessarily go on as normal. It's still cold outside, people are still in their homes, and side-streets and sidewalks aren't necessarily cared for. I realized this when Karal and I went for an afternoon walk, and pretty much had to rethink and redo our route because of ice, snow, and blocked passages. 

Even so, I had optimism for the day and accomplished the goals I set for myself, including dusting, dropping of a birthday present to Sonya Huber, and taking back around 6 months of cans, bottles, and plastic. My garage was a dump.

I also read a book, watched the tail end of football games, wrote, sorted submissions coming in for a special project I'm part of with Jessie Early, Arizona State University, and began organizing lists of accomplishments since 2017. It's all a blur, and with Covid stuck in the middle, it's easy to see, "Well, this was the trajectory and the zest of all things, then WALLOP! SMACK! OOPH! Here's a new trajectory in response to the chaos of the world." It's all good, but it is obvious there was a pre-Covid operation, a during Covid response, and now a Post-Covid, But Far from Covid Being Over Probationary Trial of Let's See What Comes of It If We Try This or That."

Yes, I made an appointment last week with a Primary Care Physician simply because I no longer trust anything that will happen to me. I've long resisted doctors, only going when I absolutely needed to. But now, it seems I keep going to different doctors for this or that reason, so I might as well have a central office to begin with. After being sick for the vast majority of January, I decided, "Now is the time."

Looking ahead to the week kinda, sorta, wondering well, "What moves are we going to make?" All is health and weather-permitting, as I have another book on audible I want to hear, so a road trip might be a smart decision.

It's Monday again. If I had more control of the fates, I would have saved Kenan for today. Saturday blizzards are a waste of a blizzard.