Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Feeling Optimistic that I May Well-Indeed Be in Recovery Mode. Many Thanks to Steph & Patrick for Their Driveway (My Vet is Better Than Your Vet)

Seriously. For the first time in 11 days I didn't wake up, only to walk downstairs and crash for an additional 4 to 8 hours. Yesterday, I got up and stayed productive. I even ran to the store to stock up on more vitamin water and, oof, had to run home....was becoming Papi Butch a little sooner than I desire. I heard it begins with the commode and ends with the commode, too. And that seems about right. I made it in time, and felt like it was a tremendous purging of evil out of my system.

I was preparing for classes when I heard a tap on the window. It was Patrick, and even though I told Stephanie (his wife and Karal's vet) that I didn't need anything, they seriously came to the rescue. It was a generous bag of necessary and unnecessary stuff, including Patrick's recipe for Bourbon and Alkaseltzer Manhattan's. Also stuck a trophy in there, I am guessing for our not-so-victorious softball season. I'm probably the only one saying this, but I'd love to play again. I look forward to movement in the upcoming months. And I'll definitely have good heath, too. I will definitely put these items to work to assure recovery to its maximum level.

Karal impressed Patrick with her "Bang"-play-dead for a biscuit trick. She was a good sport while he visited. 

And I accomplished my class online last night. I was in-person since last summer, so moving to digital spaces took at little recall. It's actually a lot of fun to teach online, and with the ZOOM, Google Jam Board, Padlet trifecta, it can be just as effective as in person, if not better. 

Okay, I need to put this out there, as my next class begins at 8 a.m. this morning. Sometimes I think I need a t-shirt that says "Call of Duty," only because I'm willing to step up for the courses needing to be taught. This time, I got the early Turbo. Phew. Me, Mr. Grumpy Grump in the morning starts at the earliest time. This ought to be fun.

Damn. It begins in less than an hour. This is too early!