Sunday, January 9, 2022

Hot Soup. Hot Tea. Water. More Water. Hot Tea. Hot Soup. Tissues (a Toilet Nearby). Cough Drops. Blanket. Ready Player One

Dry cough Thursday. Wet cough Friday morning, but went away when I spent three hours shoveling snow. Went to bed with nothing, and woke up with the plague. Knew I would spend the day on the couch (which I never do) and had to flush whatever this is out of my system. But then the stomach stuff started. I basically operated as if I was fountain in Central Park. Did my best to recycle water back into my system as fast as it wanted out. I kept in touch with nursing faculty throughout the day that guided me along the way. I even made soup. I never make soup, but I stocked on chicken broth a few weeks ago for some unknown reason. I'm glad I did.

It is really hard for me to nap. I try, but I never can, especially on a day where the sun was in full shine. I've always wanted to see Ready Player One, but never had the opportunity. But that presented itself yesterday, with commercials, but I was hooked. It was phenomenal, and I can't believe I didn't make the time until yesterday (because my time was forced to sit still). That is one heck of a film.

I also caught the Jason Reynold's National Writing Project event, which was spectacular. There are some minds that I could listen to over and over again. Few think with the original brilliance and craft of Jason Reynolds. His genius is 100% authentic and deserved. 

And I worked on very few needing-to-be-done projects because this garbage that is possessing my body had me down-for-the-count. Vaccinated. Vaccinated again. Boostered. And outside human contact except with Edem for 20 seconds a day when he returns from work. He had this thing, too. We've both tested negative for Covid. 

Is the Omicron that much of a variant? I am beginning to think it just might be.