Monday, January 24, 2022

They Do Look Like Little Piggies. Phew. I Thought I Was Getting My Mother's Toes. Turns Out Its Covid-Toes - a Real Thing. But Good News. Finally Tested Negative

This was not fun. I still have the after math, and I'm worried about lingering symptoms that so many others have, but I've had three good days. My brain is working, I can move, and I definitely can breathe. No longer is there a need for 14 hours of sleep a day. 

Last week, however, while lying on the couch, I looked at my toes and immediately sent a photo to my mom, "It's happening. I'm demonstrating strong genetics of toe morphication. I'm getting your toes. I have the genes." She laughed, proud she passed them on to me after all the years of making fun of Aquaman.

But then my friend Bev was telling me about her Covid toes and she told me to research it, which I did. If you're interested, check out: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/are-covid-toes-and-rashes-common-symptoms-of-coronavirus/

It's rare, but it's real. I have Covid-toes and that is why a couple of them are swelling as if there's a blister underneath the skin. They're super pink. They don't hurt or burn, and I wouldn't have noticed them if I wasn't lying on the couch without socks. Go figure. Covid-toes are a phenomenon.

On a positive note, I had one home test left lingering around my house and I wanted to be sure that it tested negative so I knew I could start functioning again. Because I had three good days and I have an installation in my house tomorrow, I decided to give it a try. I set Alexa for 15 minutes and then went to see the result. It was solidly negative. A beautiful BRIGHT negative. I wanted to do a happy dance, but then I didn't want to jinx anything so decided to continue to lay low (which I'll do all week)

And I have hydrocortisone in the house and that is what they recommend for bulging pink Covid-toes. My friend Susan got a grayish black bulge under one of her eyes which it turns out is another symptom some get. This thing was just strange on all levels. I never took my temperature because I could see steam coming from my ears and I knew I had a fever. I didn't want to get nervous if was too high. As for the hallucinations...well, that's sort of how my brain works anyway, so I paid them no attention.

I'm just glad to have a big negative. For that, I am thankful.

PS: I see the toenails that need to be trimmed. You don't need to email me.