Monday, January 10, 2022

I'm Rolling Hans Golden Dice and Calling All Patronus. I Have Frodo and Gandalf in My Corner (and one meditator YouTube video maker). And More Soup. I Have More Soup, Too.

Again, I cannot nap. It's impossible, although I try and on the rarest occasion I accomplish a little "closing my eyes" ceremony. After finishing work that was a necessity, I gave into the chest, burning cheeks, runny nose, and exhaustion. I simply stayed put on the couch with teas, lemon water, honey, cough drops, and soup. Oh, the soup. I might have napped, too, if it wasn't for the Star Wars (2015, 2017, 2019) series on TBS. Of course I was instantly hooked and fell back in love with Rey and Finn. The resurgence and joy of hope was my panacea for a long, miserable day (and I would love to see a spin-off series soon --- Finn's childhood before being kidnapped as a child).

Today is Monday and the work continues. It's funny how one this goes and I need to give it my all. I got this. There's no other choice. And it is funny how a good ol' Star Wars movie will kick me into gear (even with their cultural mishaps, insane inappropriateness, and wonky global mischief - we are humans after all...born to make mistakes). 

Poor Karal, she got no play time yesterday. She slept all day, so much so that I had to look up if dogs can get Covid, too. They can. I hope she doesn't get the doggie-version of what I got. Not one to wish this on anyone. I'm channeling my parents in Syracuse who both were hit in 2019, during the first wave. They made it through. I keep hearing my dad saying, "I don't know what this is, but it is not good. Make it go away. I don't like it. I just feel like crap." 

I now understand what he was saying. Perhaps this is nature's way to remind us, once again, who is stronger. Humans are such idiots, including me. Guns, Germs, and Steal people. Guns. Germs. and Steal. What will be written down the road? We await to see.